Sunday, May 1, 2016

April Challenge Winner and Highlights

Hey there, mixed media card artists! It's time to announce the winner and highlights for the April SUNSHINE challenge.

We have Here's the winning mixed media card as chosen by the design team:


Congratulations! Please grab your winner badge below to display proudly on your blog.




And now here are the highlights. The girls in the design team picked an entry to highlight. It's the entry that uniquely impacted us in some way -- a specific technique that was used, the colors, the creativity, or something in it that touched or impacted us.



Maria F. says, "Vicki's card just screams sunshine to me and I love the touch of the watercolored blue clouds as contrast."

Jenny says, "I can't stop looking at Dee's card - I love the sunshine contrasted against the amazing stormy background!"

Sanna says, "I really like the contrast of the white paper against the crackled sunray paper piece and the sweet flowers on top! Such a pretty card!"

Julia says, "What wonderful texture and design on Mac Mable's card - love the brick chimney rising into the clouds and beautiful cone flowers."
Lee-Anne says, "Love the textures and the flowers reaching up to the brilliant sun."
Shirley says, "A perfect example of using textures appropriate to the image: fluffy clouds, rough bricks, shiny sun - and I love those pretty flowers!"

Becca says, "Wowzas! I was so impressed with the juxtaposition of dark and light. And the way she got those lines to match up in the foreground and the background? Color me impressed!"
Yasmina says, "I love love Pooja's card. I love how she combine the bright and the dark colors. The yellow really pop up  her card!"

card 1
Melissa says, "I love, love, love, Autumn's beautifully layered sunshiny Springy smile-inducing creation! If you have not been over to see the other cards in the trio, please take a Spring vacation and visit Autumn's blog."


Congratulations, ladies! Grab your badge below to display proudly on your blog.
Get your artsy supplies together and check back at 6 a.m. Pacific (an hour from now) for the May Challenge!

Be artsy. Be messy. Be creative! :o)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for hi-lighting my project. I loved the challenge and joining in. What Sunny, clever and creative cards. Absolutely delighted and congratulations to all the fabulous 'Winners'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, all of these cards are fantastic! Congrats ladies and thanks for choosing my card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for highlighting my card !

    ReplyDelete